Question: Why should you as a contractor build your online presence?
Answer: To help answer your prospects questions.
You see… your ideal clients are looking you up online before they pick up the phone to give you a call.
Let’s assume that your ideal client gets your name from a friend. Does that mean they will automatically pick up the phone and call you? No. Usually, they want to do a little research beforehand. They want to get as many of their questions eliminated as possible, before they call you.
In this post, I’m going to give you 21 questions a homeowner wants to know about you.
You should take these questions and make sure that you have each of them answered throughout your online presence. This will cause the prospect to know you, like you, and trust you even before they’ve met you in person.
Do you know what that leads to? That’s right. A phone call, and a sale.
So, Let’s get started.
Here are 21 questions a homeowner wants to know:
- How much experience do you have with this type of work?
- Are other people happy with your work? (reviews)
- What are some examples (pictures) of your work?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- How do I contact you?
- Do you have free content online that will help me with my decisions?
- Can I afford the project I have in mind?
- Are your sub-contractors licensed and insured?
- What are your typical days for working, and what hours?
- How does billing work? (Invoiced monthly? …etc.)
- What are the milestones I can expect?
- How do you handle design changes/change orders?
- Do you charge by the hour, lump sum, or base-plus time and materials?
- How much work will you be doing yourself, versus a crew or other independent contractor?
- Will you be working on other projects at the same time as my job?
- Is drive time to job site included?
- What is your refund policy?
- Do you offer a warranty on your work?
- What professional associations are you a part of?
- Can I trust you?
- When can you start?
Time For Response:
So, my question for you is this… “Do you have each of these questions answered throughout your online presence?”
If not, when are you going to start?
People are researching for a good contractor like you. If you would take the time to create content answering these 21 questions think how far ahead you would be.
Here are 3 things you can do in response:
- Share this article with someone you know would benefit from reading it.
- Join my list and be notified whenever I publish new articles like this.
- Send me your thoughts and feedback.
- Get started building your online presence today!