So the question is, “How do I get more leads to my business using the internet?”
In order to get more leads to your business, you need to create a pathway for them to follow. From first discovering you online to giving you permission to contact them. This is a process not an event.
Create resources that your target market is looking for, and then drive traffic to those resources. Put a gate in front of those resources and give them the keys to open the gate after they give you their name, email or phone number, and the permission for you to contact them.
In simple terms do this:
- Create a free cheatsheet, checklist, PDF, eBook, video or something valuable that your target market is looking for.
- Then create a landing page that describes this resource and the result they will get for reading it.*
- Then ask them for their name and email address.
- Then send them the free resource.
- Then follow up with them.
- Continue to provide great value to them over time
- Ask them for the sale. (Eventually)
*FYI: You will probably need to drive traffic to this landing page through paid advertising.
Here’s a recent post I wrote on Getting More Leads with Local SEO. With that simple guide you can get more leads to your local business by optimizing your website for local search terms.
This post is part of my Frequently Asked Question Series. Maybe you have another question that I’ve already answered.